- NWEA stands for Northwest Evaluation Association.
- MAP stands for Measures of Academic Progress.These assessments are administered to students in grade 3 – 12.
- MPG stands for MAP for Primary Grades, and CES administers these assessments to students in K-2.
- Assessments are computerized and designed to tell teachers where students are academically.
- Because MAP assessments are adaptive, a student is presented with questions based on how he or she answered the previous question. If the student answered the previous question incorrectly, then a slightly easier question is presented next. If the student answered the previous question correctly, then a slightly more difficult question is presented next.
For general information about NWEA, please visit their web site.
For professional development related to the administration of the assessments, what the data means, or how to use the data to direct instruction, visit the Knowledge Academy.