PLEASE ATTACH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Enrollment Card (If applicable) or proof of Indian Preference.
- Driver's License
- High School Diploma/GED Copy
- Official Transcripts - Associates, Bachelors, Masters
- Teaching License/Certification
Cherokee Central School Job Openings
The following positions are open until filled unless otherwise indicated. Cherokee Central School is currently taking applications for employment for the following job opportunities :
- Elementary Teacher - Must have a valid NC Teaching license or meet qualifications to obtain an NC teaching license.
- High School JROTC Instructor - Must have Associate’s degree. All applicants must have an excellent record of military performance, be within one year of retirement or have retired within the last three years. Must have at least 20 years Active Federal Service; served last year of active duty as an Officer/NCO. Noncommissioned Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of E-6 through E-9. Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of W-1through W-5 or O-3 through O-6.
Part Time Positions are also available. Please check out our position listings on the CCS Applitrack
**A NC teaching license is required for all Teaching positions.
*Teacher Assistants/Language Instructors serving in Title 1 schools, in an instructional capacity, must have an Associate's Degree or two years (48 semester hours) of study at an institute of higher education.
Employment Suitability Investigation Notice
All employment positions at Cherokee Central Schools that have regular contact and/or control over Indian children are considered “childcare” positions. A criminal records check and fingerprints will be conducted on all final candidates who will be recommended to the Board for school personnel positions, including independent contractors (i.e., individuals who perform contracted services) who are being considered for performing the duties of a school personnel position. Applicants will be required to provide any other information necessary to conduct the criminal records check. Any applicants, including independent contractors, who refuse to consent will not be considered for a school position.