PLEASE ATTACH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Enrollment Card (If applicable) or proof of Indian Preference.
- Driver's License
- High School Diploma/GED Copy
- Official Transcripts - Associates, Bachelors, Masters
- Teaching License/Certification
Cherokee Central School Job Openings
The following positions are open until filled unless otherwise indicated.
Cherokee Central School is currently taking applications for employment for the following job opportunities :
- Cherokee Language Instructor - Must have an Associate's Degree or two years (48 semester hours) of study at an institute of higher education. The instructor must have experience working with students.
- Interim School Counselor - Must have completed an approved Master’s counselor education program in a regionally accredited college or university. Must be eligible for a professional license issued by the North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction. Salary range: $42,000 - $48,000 + benefits. SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021.
- High School JROTC Instructor - Must have Associate’s degree. All applicants must have an excellent record of military performance, be within one year of retirement or have retired within the last three years. Must have at least 20 years Active Federal Service; served last year of active duty as an Officer/NCO. Noncommissioned Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of E-6 through E-9. Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of W-1through W-5 or O-3 through O-6. SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021.
**A NC teaching license is required for all Teaching positions.
*Teacher Assistants/Language Instructors serving in Title 1 schools, in an instructional capacity, must have an Associate's Degree or two years (48 semester hours) of study at an institute of higher education.
Employment Suitability Investigation Notice
All employment positions at Cherokee Central Schools that have regular contact and/or control over Indian children are considered “childcare” positions. A criminal records check and fingerprints will be conducted on all final candidates who will be recommended to the Board for school personnel positions, including independent contractors (i.e., individuals who perform contracted services) who are being considered for performing the duties of a school personnel position. Applicants will be required to provide any other information necessary to conduct the criminal records check. Any applicants, including independent contractors, who refuse to consent will not be considered for a school position.